The Neyyattinkara Co-operative Urban Bank, Formerly known as “THE NEYYATTINKARA TALUK CO-OPERATIVE BANK LTD.NO.931” was registered as per the erstwhile “THIRUVITHAMCORE PARASPARA SAHAYA REGULATION OF 1914” with Neyyattinkara as its Head Quarters on the 8th April 1925.
The Bank was having a humble beginning.A few Social Reformers of Neyyattinkara numbering 23 under the leadership of Shri.R.Vasudevan Pillai, who was a pleader in the Judicial Courts of Neyyattinkara took the initiative to form the Bank.
At the beginning the Bank was having a Paid up share capital of Rs.170/-.The share value is fixed as Rs.25/- allowed to be paid in instalments.